Monday, May 25, 2009

Juan Cabana - A study in Cryptozoology

Featured Artist - Juan Cabana

Cryptozoology (from Greek κρυπτός, kriptos, "hidden" + zoology; literally, "study of hidden animals") refers to the search for animals which are considered to be legendary or otherwise nonexistent by mainstream biology.

What I like most about Juan's work is how he strives for realism. His work truly does look like something that has possibly been unearthed after years spent in decay.
His art has also been featured in the infamous Weekly World News, which is very cool in my book.

Head over to thefeejeemermaid.com and check out the huge gallery of odd works by Juan!

Photo Credit: Juan Cabana


Todays Featured Etsy Artist!

Visit Jan Allsopp at The Little Shop of Horus and check out some wonderful Prints, Paintings and journals!

Photo credits: Jan Allsopp

8 comments:

  1. Amazing! Thank you for introducing me to Juan's work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy!
    There is a blog award for you at http://mandibeads.blogspot.com/2009/05/blog-award.html

    I love your features, can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've never heard of crytozoology. Neat, that Juan made art based on that.

    BTW, your work is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone! So glad to turn people on to new artists! I am going to try my hand at crypto! I think it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors